Chief Bill Boyd “Social Media” Series Launched
As an experienced fire chief, Incident Commander and social media fanatic, Chief Bill Boyd is an ideal guide to the world of social media for emergency management. He’s widely recognized around the nation (and beyond) for his deep understanding of social media and how it is dramatically changing emergency management. It’s not just about how vital public information is communicated to the media and the public, but also about how these channels give unprecedented situation awareness and support emergency management goals.
- Transparency, privacy, national security–let the great debate ensue
- What does a “nano news” weather forecast look like?
- Is “Breaking News” a lie?
- Defining “nano news”
- Valuable lessons learned from the I-5 bridge collapse PIO
- White House in crisis: any lessons here?
- Will Twitter outlast New York Times?
- Five Simple Steps to Crisis Preparation
- Aftermath of Boston bombing and news: a call for silence
- Royal Bank of Canada facing social media uproar, boycott–outsourced jobs at issue